- This event has passed.
2-Week Live Online Webinar Series
September 10&17, 2021 | Every Friday | 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM Pacific Time
In this workshop we’ll explore healthy sexuality from diverse perspectives (differently abled, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation/configuration, age, cultural differences, relationship structures, body differences, and more). We will discuss some of the underlying principles and concepts of healthy sexuality and how they relate to the client’s recovery and overall wellbeing. We will consider how sexual and erotic experiences can be healing as well as how to support communication, consent, relationship skill building, and how to have sober pleasure/sex so we can help clients develop or continue their growth toward healthy sexual connection. We’ll also discuss how people in recovery may have masked – or even as a result of use developed – sexual health problems and how to help clients with these concerns – whether temporary or permanent. For many clients sexual health will be a critical part of their treatment and relapse prevention and we will review some of the research related to this topic. And we’ll look at exercises to use with the client, and discuss how to combine the exercises with therapeutic techniques such as motivational interviewing and exploring existential choice to help our clients set sexual health treatment goals as a part of recovery.
Presented by: Mary Minten, PhD, MFT, CST, LCADC
Continuing Education Units:
This training is approved for 6 CEUs by the following professional organizations:
– National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
– National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
– International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
– Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
– Nevada State Board of Nursing
– Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
– State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
– Nevada Certification Board (PRSS and CHW)