- This event has passed.
1. Reflect on the impact of uncertainty
2. Describe the human response to acute and chronic stress
3. Identify stress and burnout in professionals
4. Apply three evidence-based strategies to increase resilience and manage chronic occupational stress during uncertainty.
Melissa Piasecki, M.D., is the Executive Associate Dean and Professor of Psychiatry at University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Psychiatry at University of Vermont and a fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry at University of Hawaii. Dr. Piasecki teaches medical students and residents as well as physicians in practice and legal professionals. Her research is in implicit attitudes and she has edited and co-edited texts on Correctional Psychiatry, communication skills and Problem Based Learning.
Heather Haslem, MS, NBC-HWC, RYT received her B.A. and M.S. from the University of Nevada, Reno, in Psychology and Human Development & Family Studies. She is a Duke Integrative Medicine trained Integrative Health Coach and a National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC). Heather is a qualified Mindful-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher. In addition, she is a certified yoga instructor. With over a decade of experience in building programs that enhance whole-person wellbeing, Heather has worked as a program director, researcher, educator, advocate, and leader, always working to enhance the well-being of others. She is passionate about helping people prevent and/or overcome chronic conditions through an integrative approach, and she works to help people age well – at all ages – by working with individuals to understand that the health decisions they make today will impact their future older self.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
This training is approved for 2 CEUs by the following professional organizations:
– Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
– Nevada State Board of Nursing
– Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
– State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
– National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
– National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)*
– International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
*CASAT has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6492. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. CASAT is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT.